Western Digital Corp. introduces solutions from its SanDisk brand and SanDisk Professional line ahead of IBC2023, further enriching its ecosystem of digital content storage solutions for the broadcasting, media and entertainment industry.
Sandisk G Drive Project front and rear
Sandisk G Raid Mirror front and rear
These pro-grade products, which include 2 desktop HDD solutions and a memory card, offer the quality and dependability required for production-level video workflows without compromising the premium design.
“It is exciting to see Western Digital continue to expand its Thunderbolt offerings, which provide the higher-end capabilities and reliability that the media and entertainment industry needs,” said Jason Ziller, GM, client connectivity division, Intel Corp. “By utilizing the power of our Thunderbolt technology, enterprise-class hard drives and multi-device connectivity solutions support prosumers and creative professionals, and their increasingly complex demands and innovative use cases.”
- High performance and scalability: The Thunderbolt 3 interface delivers superior performance and supports daisy-chain for up to 5 devices for building diverse digital content creation workflows. It is also compatible with USB 3.2 Gen 2.
- 7200rpm Ultrastar enterprise-class HDD: Delivers up to 22TB (*) capacity and 260MB/s RW speed (**) to flexibly cope with demanding workloads and back up mission-critical content.
Sandisk G Drive Project rear with cable
The SanDisk Professional G-Drive Project is available starting at MSRP $369.99 for 6TB (*) in USA with a 5-year limited warranty. Purchase it from the company’s webstore or through authorized SanDisk Professional retailers, e-tailers and distributors.
- Massive capacity: Up to 44TB (*) of maximum capacity (22TB (*) in default RAID-1) on 2x7200rpm Ultrastar enterprise-class HDDs for some of the toughest of workloads and archiving crucial content, allowing users to backup their life’s work and live fearlessly knowing their most important files are in one place.
- Mirror mode for peace of mind: Ships in RAID-1 so valuable content is automatically duplicated onto the 2nd drive for worry-free data redundancy. Change to JBOD or RAID-0 easily by flipping a switch – no need to download an app or install special software.
- Pro-Blade SSD mag slot: Offload, make copies or edit content from a PRO-BLADE SSD mag (sold separately) at fast speeds.
Sandisk G Raid Mirror rear with cable
The SanDisk Professional G-RAID Mirror will be available from the Western Digital Store or through authorized SanDisk Professional retailers, e-tailers and distributors. Pre-order the device now from the firm’s webstore. MSRP in USA starts at $659.99 for 12TB (*) with a 5-year limited warranty.
“Western Digital helps creators in the production industry to address data challenges caused by the increased use of artificial intelligence, special effects, and the transition from 4K to 8K and 12K,” says Ruben Dennenwaldt, head, product marketing and marketing operations EU/CIS, WDC. “These latest additions to our SanDisk brand and SanDisk Professional line specifically offer the high efficiency, high performance, high reliability, and high scalability needed to help enable digital content creators to seamlessly integrate these solutions into their unique processes and elevate their workflow to achieve Hollywood-level quality results whether they are on the go, on location, or in the office/editing bay.“
SanDisk Pro-Cinema CFexpress Type B card
- Cinema-quality performance: With minimum sustained write speeds of 1,400MB/s (**), the SanDisk Pro-Cinema CFexpress Type B card lets users capture cinema-quality 8K (1) video without dropping frames.
- Durable enclosure: Withstands up to 1m drops and up to 50 newtons (11.2 pounds-force) (2) of force to help protect irreplaceable footage and videos.
- Pro-Reader and Pro-Dock 4 compatible: Pair the Pro-Cinema CFexpress Type B card with the SanDisk Professional Pro-Reader CFexpress and the Pro-Dock 4 devices (sold separately) for scalable, simultaneous offloads that help to maximize productivity.
The SanDisk Pro-Cinema CFexpress Type B card will be available this fall from the company’s webstore or through authorized SanDisk Professional retailers, e-tailers and distributors. Pre-order the device from the firm’s store. MSRP in USA starts at $399.99 for 320GB (*) with a limited lifetime warranty. (3)
The company will be present at IBC2023 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, on September 15-18, where professionals and business customers can learn more about the SanDisk brand and its SanDisk Professional line.
(*) 1GB=1 billion bytes and 1TB=1 trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less depending on operating environment and/or RAID configuration. For RAID products, storage capacity is based on RAID-0 mode unless otherwise stated.
(**) 1MB/s=1 million bytes per second. Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon host device, usage conditions, drive capacity, and other factors.
(1) 8K (7,680×4,320) video support may vary based upon host device, file attributes, usage conditions and other factors. See www.sandisk.com/HD.
(2) Based on internal testing
(3) 30-year warranty in Germany, Canada and other regions not recognizing lifetime warranty. See www.sandisk.com/wug.