This new-gen features the same company’s current 2nd generation 128GB and 256GB capacity cards – leveraging PCIe, Gen 3 interconnect with NVMe 1.3 host controller interface.
The firm’s 3rd generation CFexpress 2TB cards provide read speeds of up to 1,700MB/s and burst write speeds of up to 1,500MB/s and sustained write speeds of up to 1,300MB/s – suited for high-resolution video capture applications. To differentiate the new-gen from prior generations, the sustained write speed is now stated on the card’s top label.
“The introduction of our 3rd generation CFexpress 2TB Gold cards provides the extra-large capacity and performance needed for a very broad range of video capture needs,” said Wes Brewer, founder, and CEO. “Our introduction of a 2TB capacity point, ensures that nearly all video capture modes can be utilized while also meeting traditional read speeds for quick offloading.”
CFexpress Type B 2TB Gold memory card:
- Maximum read speed up to 1,700MB/s
- Burst write speed up to 1,500MB/s
- Minimum sustained write speed up to 1,300MB/s
- Capacity: 2TB
- MSRP: $799.99
CFexpress Type B 2TB delivers:
- Compliant with CompactFlash Association 2.0 spec
- NVMe host interface with PCIe Gen3 X2 interconnect
- Extended battery life and low standby power through NVMe PS0 – PS4 support
- Metal enclosure for improved durability and heat dissipation
- Thermal throttling protects the card from overheating
- Laser etched unique serial numbering for the tracking of key components and manufacturing data for high quality control
- Temperature ranges: operating 14°F to 158°F/ -10°C to 70°C; storage -4°F to 185°F/ -20°C to 85°C
- Packaging: Biodegradable fiber
- Refresh Pro ready (*)
- X-ray proof and shock-proof
- 3-year warranty
Customers may purchase the company’s products on firm’s webstore, B&H Photo and Video, or Adorama websites along with many other retailers around the globe. Customers in many countries can purchase on Amazon with Prime shipping.
(*) Refresh Pro functionality requires ProGrade Digital Refresh Pro software application and a ProGrade Digital card and reader. This is a way to monitor card health and restore the card back to factory-fresh conditions