This gen features the same quality of the firm’s current 2nd gen CFexpress cards – leveraging PCIe, Gen 3 interconnect with NVMe 1.3 host controller interface. This 3rd gen CFexpress 1TB cards provide read speeds of up to 1,700MB/s and burst write speeds of up to 1,500MB/s and sustained write speeds of up to 1,300MB/s – for high-resolution video capture applications.
The company is also introducing a 3rd gen 512GB CFexpress Type B Gold memory card with read speeds of up to 1,700MB/s, burst write speeds of up to 1,500MB/s and sustained write speeds of up to 800MB/s. The 512GB card will be shipping in February 2023. All new 3rd gen CFexpress Gold cards clearly state the sustained write speed on the front label. This additional messaging clearly states the real-world capability of firm’s cards – especially critical for high performance video capture applications.
“The introduction of our 3rd generation CFexpress 1TB Gold cards provides the large capacity and dramatically improved performance needed for a very broad range of video capture needs,” said Wes Brewer, founder, and CEO. “Our re-introduction of a 1TB capacity point, at 1,300MB/sec sustained write speed, ensures that nearly all video capture modes can be utilized while also providing our traditionally high read speeds for quick offloading.”
CFexpress Type B 1TB Gold Memory Cards:
- Maximum read speed up to 1,700MB/s
- Burst write speed up to 1,500MB/s
- Minimum sustained write speed up to 1,300MB/s
- Capacities: 1TB
- MSRP: $399.99
CFexpress Type B 1TB delivers:
- Compliant with CompactFlash Association 2.0 spec
- NVMe host interface with PCIe Gen3 X2 interconnect
- Extended battery life and low standby power through NVMe PS0 – PS4 support
- Metal enclosure for durability and heat dissipation
- Thermal throttling protects the card from overheating
- Laser etched unique serial numbering for the tracking of key components and manufacturing data for high quality control
- Temperature ranges: operating 14°F to 158°F/ -10°C to 70°C; storage -4°F to 185°F/ -20°C to 85°C
- Packaging: Biodegradable fiber tray
- Refresh Pro ready (*)
- X-ray proof and shock-proof
- 3-year warranty
Customers may purchase the firm’s products on the company’s website, B&H Photo and Video, or Adorama websites along with many other retailers around the globe. Customers in select regions may purchase on Amazon with Prime shipping.
(*) Refresh Pro functionality requires ProGrade Digital Refresh Pro software application and a firm’s digital card and reader. This is way to monitor card health and restore the card back to factory-fresh conditions.