Komprise, Inc. announced new funding fueled by record-setting growth and customer expansions in 2022.
The $37 million of growth capital from Canaan Partners, Celesta Capital, Multiplier Capital and Top Tier Ventures will be used to scale operations and extend market leadership, bringing the total funding to $85 million to date.
“We invested in Komprise because of their impressive growth and path to profitability combined with the massive opportunity in edge data management and unstructured data for AI/ML in the cloud,” says Kevin Sheehan, founder and managing general partner, Multiplier Capital. “We believe in the company’s market, vision, team and execution.”
Komprise Year in Review
The 2nd annual Komprise State of Unstructured Data Management report found that more than half of enterprise organizations manage 5PB or more of data and spend more than 30% of their IT budget on data storage, backups and disaster recovery. As a result, IT leaders are pressured to manage data more precisely and cost-effectively. Firm’s Intelligent Data Management SaaS solution delivers benefits to enterprises facing these challenges, including visibility across all storage, multi-cloud mobility and increased data value.
Highlights from 2022 include:
Business Momentum and Recognition
• Company grew 306% from 2018 to 2021, with new customer logos in 2022 accounting for 30% of the total and 2022 net dollar retention of 120%.
• Named one of the fastest-growing companies in the Bay Area and North America on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500.
• Achieved 2022 Inc. 5000 ranking.
• Named Best Data Management Software of 2022 by StorageNewsletter.
• Silver Winner for Big Data Solutions,- American Business Awards 2022.
• Recognized as the leader in the GigaOm Radar for Data Migration Tools.
• Included in industry analyst reports, including the Gartner Market Guide for Hybrid Cloud Storage and Hype Cycle for Storage Data Protection Technologies, 2022 and the Coldago Map 2022 for Unstructured Data Management.
Technology Innovation and Cloud Alliances
• Introduced Smart Data Workflows to automate unstructured data discovery and custom processing.
• Added self-service features so line-of-business data owners and data specialists can view data usage, run queries and more, fostering greater collaboration with IT.
• Launched Hypertransfer for Elastic Data Migration which moves SMB file data to the cloud 25 times faster than point cloud migration tools.
• Selected as a launch partner for the Microsoft Azure Migration Program.
“We’re thrilled that our investment partners see the opportunity we’re creating by developing a comprehensive platform for customers to modernize unstructured data management practices,” says Kumar K. Goswami, CEO and co-founder. “Komprise delivers immediate data storage cost savings and long-term business value with a foundation for unstructured data analytics and machine learning innovations.”