These offerings are designed to help organizations store, protect and control their data and applications across an increasing number of platforms and locations.
“Our customers want help reducing complexity and are seeking solutions that use a common approach to managing data wherever it lives – from public clouds, to the data center, to the edge,” said Chuck Whitten, co-COO. “We are building a portfolio of software and services that simplifies on-premises and multi-cloud environments and offers.“
“We are making bold moves to deliver solutions that are connected and increasingly digital to create a superior health care experience for consumers,” said Karen S. Lynch, president and CEO, CVS Health Corp. “Our strategic collaboration with Dell is helping accelerate the value of our technology investments for our colleagues and consumers.”
Delivers cloud experiences for cyber recovery on-premises and in public clouds
According to a Gartner report, global information security and risk management end user spending will reach around $168 billion in 2022, up over $13 billion from 2021. (1) As cyber protection continues to become a greater priority, the company is providing new options for managed cyber recovery offerings and public cloud cyber recovery solutions for multi-cloud environments.
The firm is bolstering its APEX portfolio with the introduction of APEX Cyber Recovery Services. The first in a series of APEX full stack solutions that deliver a cloud experience, it simplifies recovery from cyberattacks. The company manages the day-to-day cyber recovery vault operations and assists with data recovery. It is delivering an as-a-service experience with standardized configurations, simplified Dell-assisted recovery options and expertise from nearly 2,000 isolated vault solutions deployed globally.
The company is extending the reach of its multi-cloud ecosystem and speeding access to its data protection offerings for public clouds with the release of PowerProtect Cyber Recovery for Microsoft Azure.
This service will join a portfolio offerings available through Microsoft Azure Marketplace and will allow organizations to:
- Deploy an isolated cyber vault in the public cloud to more securely protect and isolate data away from a ransomware attack, improving cyber resiliency and helping reduce the impact of cyberattacks.
- Provide flexible recovery options in the event of a cyberattack including recovery within the data center, in a new Azure private network, or in an unimpacted Azure environment.
The company also builds on its collaboration with AWS by announcing CyberSense for Dell PowerProtect Cyber Recovery for AWS.
With the offering, organizations will be able to:
- Use adaptive analytics, scan metadata and complete files, and implement machine learning and forensic tools to detect, diagnose and speed data recovery.
- Monitor files and databases to determine if a cyberattack has occurred and identify the last known uncorrupted copy of data to speed a more secure and confidential recovery.
Demonstrates data storage services in public clouds
Building on January’s introduction of Project Alpine, the firm is demonstrating how its storage software could be used in public clouds such as AWS and Azure. Project Alpine will provide data mobility and consistent operations across on-premises and public cloud environments. Organizations will be able to deploy or consume firm’s storage software and services that will offer performance in the public cloud efficiency and protection based on leading enterprise storage.(2)
With the company’s storage software in the public cloud, customers will be able to move data to the cloud and leverage cloud-based analytics services. Developers can write applications once and deploy them anywhere they are needed to create a consistent, cloud-native experience across multiple public clouds.
Dell and Snowflake collaborate to extend multi-cloud experience
Dell and Snowflake, Inc. will work together to connect data from the firm’s enterprise storage with the Snowflake Data Cloud. This collaboration will give customers flexibility operating in multi-cloud environments, meet data sovereignty requirements, and turn data into insights wherever it resides.
The 2 companies’ customers will be able to use on-premises data stored on Dell object storage with the Snowflake Data Cloud while keeping their data local or copying it to public clouds. The firms will pursue product integrations and joint go-to-market efforts in 2H22.
- APEX Cyber Recovery Services is available in the USA with broader availability planned for later this year.
- PowerProtect Cyber Recovery for Microsoft Azure will be available in 2H22.
- CyberSense for PowerProtect Cyber Recovery for AWS will be available in 2H22.
Blog : Mind the Gap: Protect Your Business Against Ransomware
Blog : Coming to Clouds Near You: Project Alpine Sneak Preview
Blog : More Clouds, No Problem: Simplifying Your Multi-Cloud World
(1) Gartner Forecast: Information Security and Risk Management, Worldwide, 2020-2026, 1Q22 Update, Shailendra Upadhyay, Mark Driver, March 30, 2022 .
(2) IDC WW Quarterly Enterprise Storage Systems Tracker, 4CQ21, March 11, 2022 – Vendor Revenue