Scale Computing, Inc. closed out a record-breaking sales year in 2018 with hundreds of new customers and successful installations, major funding and a portfolio of new partnerships that is adding fuel to the company’s growth around the world.
Topping off last year’s news was significant funding from new and existing investors, a new partnership and joint product with Lenovo for an edge infrastructure solution on Lenovo servers, and a partnership with APC by Schneider Electric to deliver the Data Centre in a Box solution.
These milestones are driving Scale Computing’s growth worldwide with retailers, distributed enterprises and SMBs.
The company also made customers successful in its first full year of its partnership with Google on the joint hybrid-cloud solution, HC3 Cloud Unity, to move application workloads freely in the cloud or on-premises for DR.
“We have secured the financial and structural foundation to take Scale Computing’s edge computing software platform to all new levels,” said Jeff Ready, CEO and co-founder, Scale Computing. “We are proud to be recognised as the top hyperconverged solution for many organisations, as evidenced by our high ratings and reviews as a top hyperconvergence solutions provider on Gartner Peer Insights, Spiceworks, TechValidate and TrustRadius, a trademark of T-Radius Holdings, Inc. Customers want to reduce both complexity and cost from their IT infrastructure, and Scale Computing has the proven solution to solve these customer problems and continue our worldwide growth.“
Other key partnerships this year include:
- Schneider Electric to launch Micro Data Centre in a Box in North America.
- Ingram Micro to expand its distribution agreement to provide customers with an all-in-one hyperconverged solution across the US and Canada.
- ALSO to integrate HC3 software with Lenovo servers to expand the use of hyperconverged solutions across Europe.
- Amnesium, a software, hardware and services provider to introduce the vendor to Australian federal government agencies.
- Axiz to deliver HCI solution to South Africa.
- BCDVideo to deliver hyperconverged solutions based on HC3 software to its network of security integrators and OEM customers.
- Kokusai Sangyo Gijutsu (KSG) to expand sales in Japan. KSG, a VAD in delivering IT solutions, is reselling HC3 solution throughout Japan.
- A 5-Star Technology Vendor in CRN’s 2018 Partner Program Guide
- 2018 CRN Tech Innovator Award winner
- Scale Computing and Genting Casino win Infrastructure Project of the Year at the 2018 SVC Awards
- At the MES Spring 2018 conference, Scale Computing was named Best Midmarket Solution: Hardware and took home the event’s top award of Best of Show (Premier Sponsor).
The company also expanded its MSP partner program with a new pricing model that reduces CapEx through a per-node-per-month OpEx subscription license. The program was created to boost partner profitability and enable partners to sell additional vital services that will meet growing customer requirements around DR-as-a-Service (DRaaS), Infrastructure as-a-Service (IaaS) and Remote Management as-a-Service (RMaaS).