Silicon Motion Technology Corp. will demonstrate its PCIe Gen5 SSD controller platform for enterprise server and datacenter as well as a world’s first PCIe Gen4 SSD controller with Single Root-IO Virtualization (SR-IOV) for Automotive.
The company will also unveil its upcoming PCIe Gen5 controller for PC SSDs. These and other products will be showcased at Flash Memory Summit 2023 on August 8-10.
MonTitan PCIe Gen5 enterprise SSD development platform
The SM8366 is MonTitan platform’s high performance, dual ported enterprise and data center PCIe Gen5 x4 NVMe controller. Containing 16 channels and supporting up to 2,400MT/s of TLC and QLC NAND, the SM8366 provides sequential (14GB/s) and random (3.0 million IO/s) SSD performance.
The company will be highlighting key PCIe Gen5 SSD technologies:
- Market’s first QLC-based PCIe Gen5 Zoned Namespace (ZNS) SSD enabling high performance, high-capacity SSDs while reducing TCO and improving QoS for sequential storage transactions.
- NVMe Gen5 Data Center SSD with proprietary MonTitan platform’s PerformaShape technology using 4 user defined QoS sets optimizing performance, power, and latency in multi-tenant environments.
- OCP 2.0 NVMe Gen5 data center E1.S SSD performance demo focusing on compute intensive applications requiring performance scaling and exceptional QoS.
At the company’ s booth, attendees will view the MonTitan SSD development platforms on partner servers supporting legacy U.2 and EDSFF form factors: AIC’s EB202-CP, Pegatron’s Luigi, and Asus’ ESR-511-X4TF.
PCIe Gen4 SSD controller with SR-IOV for automotive
The company SM2264XT-AT is an automotive-grade PCIe Gen4 NVMe SSD controller designed to provide performance and reliability for emerging automotive central computing and ADAS/autonomous architectures. It is equipped with a quad-core ARM R8 CPU, supporting 4 lanes of 16Gb/s per lane. SM2264XT-AT features built-in SR-IOV capability, supporting up to 8 VMs, for future vehicles requiring centralized storage architecture implementation.
M2264XT-AT adheres to various automotive processes and certifications, including:
- AEC-Q100 compliance
- ISO 26262 functional safety standards (ASIL-B)
- ISO 21434 certification for cyber security
- IATF 16949 certification for supplier chain compliance
- ASPICE compliance SW development process
- Automotive Service Packaging (ASP)
PCIe Gen5 SSD controller solution for PCs
The firm’s upcoming SM2508 is a performance-power optimized PCIe Gen5 x4 NVMe 2.0 SSD controller for notebook PCs, desktop PCs and workstations. It supports 8 NAND channels with up to 3,600MT/s per channel, delivering sequential RW speeds of up to 14GB/s and random read and write speeds of up to 2.5 million IO/s. SM2508 unlocks the full potential of PCIe Gen5 performance with ~3.5W power consumption for a broader range of laptop PCs.