IBM Diamondback Tape Libraryhttps://www.ibm.com/products/diamondback-tape-library offers flexible configurations to unleash the benefits of high density in your storage ecosystem.
Diamondback tape libraries are designed to deliver the following:
- Single-frame design with no expansion frames for simple capacity scaling
- High density solution in a server-like rack deployment
- Support for up to 1,584 tape cartridges for 28.5PB uncompressed capacity with LTO-9
- Self-service design
- Power-on self-configuration
- Ease of installation and management through IBM unified storage GUI
- Support for up to 14 LTO-9 drives
- One cartridge service magazine with 10 cartridge slots
- Single performance robot with HA grippers
- Top rack option
- Preloaded media option
- Data security and regulatory compliance through AES-256 data-at-rest encryption
- Support for WORM media
- Open systems attachment, including Linux, and Windows
- Adherence to LTO-9 specs
- Support for media partitioning and self-describing tape through IBM Storage Archive
The company intends to provide the Tape System Service Console (TSSC) for enabling remote monitoring and code updates on the Diamondback library during 2H23.
Key requirements: Appropriate levels of host software are required to attach and support Diamondback tape libraries with IBM LTO Ultrium tape drives to select IBM Power Systems, Linux, and Windows servers.
Planned availability date:
- April 28, 2023: All models and features in all countries except as follows
- May 9, 2023: All models and features in USA and Canada except feature number 2715
- May 22, 2023: Feature number 2715