- On-storage containerization reduces unnecessary hardware investment and space
- 15GB/s throughput rates bring enterprises back online faster
- Open protocols and APIs power streamlined enterprise storage, backup, and recovery
They are set to introduce a container-native enterprise backup and recovery (EBR) solution that is performant and scalable.
The joint solution integrates OpenDrives enterprise storage platform with Zmanda’s Enterprise EBR software to provide on-storage containerization that brings EBR software closer to the backed-up and archived data. This functionality powers throughput rates at 15GB/s to cut recovery time in the event of a system failure, outage, or ransomware attack while also eliminating the need for additional hardware investment.
“Container-native EBR provides a cost-effective way to run this critical workflow at scale,” said Sean Lee, chief strategy and operations officer, OpenDrives. “For enterprise organizations, the sheer volume of data moving within backup and restore procedures demands high-performance – partnering with Zmanda allows us to accelerate both throughput speeds and deployment.”
By merging OpenDrives’ software-led, open and agnostic approach to storage with Zmanda’s enterprise software, this all-in-one solution creates efficiencies in setup, deployment, and maintenance. It also features net-new capabilities, such as intelligent scheduling for automated backup support, to reduce operational overhead and inadvertent human error.
“We are excited to partner with OpenDrives, as our shared vision for ‘open’ software development allows us to future-proof and centralize our solutions,” said Pavan Raj, director of corporate development, Zmanda. “Our government-certified EBR software provides an unshakable foundation, and when it’s linked to OpenDrives’ storage, we are able to provide multilayered protection within a streamlined system.”
OpenDrives and Zmanda joint EBR solution features:
- On-storage EBR software that is containerized for increased performance
- Immutable snapshots to shorten recovery time in case of ransomware attacks
- Intelligent, touch-free scheduling for quicker backup and recovery support
- All-inclusive licensing model and centralized customer support
- Cost-effective EBR functionality to reduce added hardware investment
- Legacy service for current clients and hosts, including those running on Solaris
- Intuitive UI with clear terminology for admin functions to reduce training time
- Turnkey EBR solution that scales to any enterprise data environment
“Our IT infrastructure was purpose-built to evolve with customer scale-up and scale-out needs. Now, we’re scaling these principles for enterprise,” added Craig Alger, senior account executive, Eastern region and global, OpenDrives. “EBR workflows are mission-critical: the ability to tailor the solution to a customer’s unique data environment optimizes performance when minutes matter.”