Qsan Technology, Inc. released the XCubeSAN 3300 series of entry-level block storage arrays optimized for budget-sensitive SAN environments with a focus on performance, modern simplicity, and affordability to meet SMB workloads.
XCubeSAN 3300 is for enterprise applications such as virtualization, media editing, large scale surveillance, and backup.
Leading Density with Performance
The XCubeSAN 3300 series products come in a range of form factors and host connectivity options to include all fully modular and redundant features. The XS3300 range of SAN’s includes the density 2U 26-bay, small form factor XS3326 in both dual active/active and single upgradeable controller.
Qsan’s host cards allow the XS3300 range to offer flexibility with built-in 8-port 1 GbE iSCSI and up to 24 host ports in a dual-controller system, enabling direct connection to multiple hosts without switches. Additional host cards include 32Gb/16Gb FC and 25GbE/10GbE iSCSI options. With the ability to deliver 1.3 million IO/s and 12.8Gb/s throughput, the XS3300 is faster than the previous gen and has enough horsepower for the most demanding workloads.
Proven Simplicity – “Set and Forget” Data Services
It is equipped with the new XEVO storage management system, which is designed with intuitive GUI, helping users to save time in storage deployment. XEVO also delivers enterprise storage features including RAID level protection, RAID EE with fast rebuild, thin provisioning, SSD cache, auto tiering. With the help of an intuitive dashboard and reporting system, managers can analyze business usage and monitor storage status in real time.
Powering Storage Functionality
Qsan’s XS3300 comes with several key features:
- RAID Level Technology: XEVO supports 15 different RAID levels to provide storage redundancy for additional protection. The global hot spare function enhances RAID protection by automatically replacing the failed disks and starting the rebuild process without the user intervention.
- Storage Efficiency: Qsan’s efficient thin provisioning technology is built-in in all firm’s products, allowing users to allocate disk storage space in a flexible manner based on the minimum space required. Optional SSD cache and auto tiering boost performance by assigning frequently accessed data to SSDs.
- Backup Features:To protect data loss and downtime events, XEVO provides complete array based backup functions including local backup and remote replication. Based on snapshot technology, a solid safety net for DR can be built to meet the required RPO and RTO.
- New Data Experience: XEVO simplifies the complex IT process from construction to maintenance. QSLife is an intelligent disk drive analyzer to help the user keep an eye on the health of drives. QReport analyzes business usage and generate reports to the administrator to determine how to deal with system exceptions, thereby avoiding the risk of data corruption.
- Virtualization Ready: Verified with VMware and Hyper-V certified, XEVO is a convenient and fast storage system that allows the user to deploy a low-latency and virtualization environment to expand their business.
- Scale-Up Solution: The XS3300 provides massive scale-up capabilities by connecting XCubeDAS or 3rd-party expansion units with up to 546 disk drives or 16.7PB raw capacity for future data growth.
- Cache-to-Flash Memory Protection: It offers battery-free cache backup, but instead uses compact flash and supercapacitors that have advantages over batteries to protect cached data during power outages.
Optimize Price and Performance for SMB Workloads
Built with interoperability for the most popular operating systems, the XS3300 series is a solution for all SMB primary and secondary storage demands for reducing both capital expenditure and achieving efficiency. Moreover, it provides overwhelming performance.