IBM ESS 3500 combines Spectrum Scale for ESS with high-performance NVMe gen 4 storage in a 2U form factor.
This solution accelerates AI workloads and optimizes GPU compute environments, while delivering performance and availability benefits to other workloads.
ESS 3500 Storage Enclosure 5147-102 is an enterprise, redundant, SAS/SATA enclosure designed for ESS 3500 5141-FN2. The enclosure supports up to 102 3.5-inch or 2.5-inch HDDs of any density and spindle speed and up to 4×5147-102 storage enclosures can be attached to ESS 3500 (5141-FN2), providing up to 8PB of HDD capacity.
- ESS management server (5105-22E)
- Management switch (8831-S52 or 8831-T48)
Planned availability dates
- August 26, 2022: All features, except as follows
- September 9, 2022: Feature AJQG
- March 3, 2023: Features AJQ3, AJQ4, AJQ7, and AJQ8