Featuring compatibility with NVMe, the company is delivering a SSD with a zero-friction customer experience; no new drivers or application development is required.
This line of products includes the CSD 3000 series NVMe Computational storage drives, NSD 3000 series NVMe SSDs, and SFX 3000 storage processing SoC. The company showcased these solutions during its sponsorship of the FMS, taking place August 2-4 at the Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Attendees could visit at the firm’s booth to learn how customers use 3000-series SSDs to drive more performance through more data with more capacity density; without adding complexity for high-performance workloads like Redis, MySQL, and Aerospike.
SFX 3000 storage processing SoC
“Computational storage is giving companies a competitive advantage by reducing the complexity required to store and compress data and accelerating the creation of value from that data,” said Hao Zhong, co-founder and CEO. “The general availability of our 3000-series products is the next step in providing more enterprises with a high-performance, scalable solution that meets their storage needs. Users can deploy computational storage more easily while addressing top concerns such as cost, density, compute efficiency, etc.”
Next-gen suite of products allows users to overcome many challenges associated with data growth. Benefits include:
- Achieve predictable performance with consistent low latency across workloads
- Optimize the data pipeline by reducing unnecessary data movement
- Align storage lifecycle management with servers by improving SSD endurance
- Improve the economics of data center storage by reducing cost/gigabyte and increasing footprint density
- Improve compute efficiency by increasing compute density within fixed power budgets
- Reduce the complexity of deployments with native support for NVMe
The complete product suite, based on Arm technology, is made up of 3 offerings:
- CSD 3000 series NVMe Computational storage drives. Enables users to flash data storage costs by 2x while doubling application performance and increasing flash endurance as much as 9x compared to ordinary drives.
- NSD 3000 series NVMe SSDs. Provides users with a better, smarter NVMe SSD, achieving 2x endurance and 2x performance on random write and mixed RW over traditional NVMe drives.
- SFX 3000 series SoC of storage processing units. Allows drive and hardware vendors to develop their own SSDs and accelerator cards. Firm’s inclusion of turnkey firmware for drive vendors will shorten the drive development cycle and reduce the development costs.
“Computational storage like the ScaleFlux CSD 3000 brings to market a critical force multiplier for edge computing that allows the expansion of capacity and performance in edge computing platforms unlike we have seen today“, said Alan Conboy, office of CTO, Scale Computing. “At the edge, the demand to process ever-growing storage workloads is outpacing traditional edge storage approaches and strains already taxed remote connections to the datacenter or cloud. Together, Scale Computing Platform and products like those offered from ScaleFlux will create the necessary solutions for edge computing and the growing demands.“
3000 Series specs