IBM Elastic Storage System (ESS) 3500 combines Spectrum Scale for ESS with NVMe Gen 4 storage in a 2U form factor. This solution accelerates AI workloads and optimizes GPU compute environments, while delivering performance and availability benefits to other workloads.
ESS 3500 leverages the power of Spectrum Scale and flash technology to deliver the high-performance storage for AI. It can provide over 90GB/s of throughput with low latency to optimize all types of I/O patterns and data layouts. This delivers data to applications faster and helps ensure maximum GPU resource utilization. The modular and scalable architecture supports 12 or 24 drives and is expandable to 360TB of NVMe capacity.
The 3500 supports up to 8 ports of 100Gb/s RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE), InfiniBand-HDR-200, or a combination of both. The 2 redundant high-performance controllers in a 2U platform support HA and reliability. Embedded baseboard management controller (BMC) and remote control capability enable system administrators to manage from a distance.
- ESS Management server (5105-22E)
- Management switch (8831-S52)
Planned availability date
- May 20, 2022: All features, except as follows
- June 10, 2022: Feature AJP1 for machine type models 5105-22E and 5141-FN2
- August 5, 2022: Features EBBQ, EBBS, and EBBU for machine type models 5105-22E, 5141-FN1, 8831-H40, and 5141-FN2, features EBBR and EBBV for machine type model 5141-FN2
Availability within a country is subject to local legal requirements.