Cloudian, Inc. announced its 7th consecutive year of record bookings, with a particularly strong second half that resulted in the 2 best quarters in the company’s history.
It grew its customer base to approximately 700.
Other highlights for the year included new and enhanced solutions:
- Storage for AWS Outposts hybrid cloud environments – Designated as AWS Outposts Ready, firm’s object storage software enables AWS Outposts customers to employ on-premises, Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) – compatible storage to serve use cases that demand scalability, data residency and low-latency data access.
- Interoperability with VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid (TKG) and Tanzu Greenplum – Cloudian provides enterprise-grade persistent storage for modern, cloud-native applications that TKG customers run on-premises or in public clouds and delivers the limitless scalability, robust security and cost efficiency needed to support modern enterprise analytics applications in VMware Tanzu Greenplum data warehouse environments.
- Support for Red Hat OpenShift – Similar to the solution with VMware TKG, the firm gives OpenShift customers a scalable, secure and cost-effective persistent storage platform with the agility and ease-of-management needed for cloud-native applications.
- Integration with Kasten by Veeam – In conjunction with the Kasten K10 Kubernetes data management platform, the vendor provides S3-compatible, exabyte-scalable backup and ransomware protection for container-based workloads, on-premises or in a hybrid cloud.
- Cloudian-Weka solution – Combined with the Weka Data Platform for AI, it enables rapid processing of analytical workloads and saves 1/3 in costs over traditional storage systems.
- HyperIQ enhancements – Additions to HyperIQ observability and analytics offering include cross-region replication monitoring, federated management and ransomware protection.
Key customer wins and expansions were recorded, including at a multinational pharmaceutical company, a global leader in commercial real estate services, an international bank, a top financial technology company, multiple television networks and productions, a large US life insurance provider, 2 major European automobile manufacturers and government ministries in Asia and the Mideast.
“Our record financial results reflect our success in providing enterprises and service providers with the foundation they need to meet their evolving data management needs,” said Michael Tso, CEO. “Through our deepening partnerships with other technology leaders, we’re bringing the benefits of our award-winning object storage solutions to more customers around the world. We will continue to build on this success in the coming year, helping organizations take advantage of cloud-native applications and data analytics-on-premises and in a hybrid cloud model-while protecting their data vs. ransomware and meeting their data sovereignty demands.”