75% Growth in Billings From 3Q21 to 4Q21 for Qumulo
Average deployment surpassing 1PBThis is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on February 10, 2022 at 2:02 pm
Qumulo, Inc. announced record growth for FY22 ended January 31, 2022.
It also unveiled Core 5.0, its latest software release.
Firm’s performance resulted in an increase of 75% sequential growth in billings from 3Q21 to 4Q21, demonstrating accelerated momentum driven by customer demand and its best quarter ever in overall billings, software subscription billings, and cloud billings. It also shattered its previous record for annual software subscription billings, and growth in customer adoption – adding over 200 new customers and increasing its customer base by more than 40%. Global organizations from nearly 50 countries and 6 continents rely on the company to store over 2EB, more than double its previous annual record of data under management.
“The emergence of unstructured data as a strategic source of value for customers and the clear business results unequivocally validates Qumulo’s strategy and technology,” said Bill Richter, CEO. “Our customers are combining unstructured data with modern AI/ML techniques, computer vision, and mass scale automation to increase production in factories, launch rockets into space, and accelerate drug discovery for diseases that impact every one of us. Qumulo makes it wildly simple for our customers to transform today’s data into tomorrow’s innovations.”
Qumulo Core 5.0
The launch of Qumulo Core 5.0 marks the 75th delivery of new innovation to customers in the last 2 years.
- Qumulo-as-a-Service on Azure: Build multi-petabyte file data lakes on Azure with the simplicity of a service.
- Qumulo Shift for AWS S3: Easily export and import data to and from S3 while leaving data in its native object format.
- Qumulo on HPE and Supermicro all-NVMe: Offers a new choice for all-flash file workloads.
- NFSv4.1 Support: Enjoy a simple-to-manage multi-protocol permissions management experience.
- NVMe-Hybrid: Enables the high performance of NVMe at the cost of dense disk.
“With Qumulo we are equipped with the freedom, speed and performance we need to rapidly innovate and transform our data into business value in any environment,” said Sundhar Rajan, CIO of Casepoint LLC, in cloud-based legal technology solutions.
- Massive Scale: With the average deployment now surpassing 1PB in size, and with more than 350 billion files stored by its customers, the vendor is becoming a de facto storage solution for scale.
- Relentless Innovation: It was awarded 7 new patents in the last 12 months for its file system and analytics, replication, and cloud technologies – bringing its total patent count to 35.
- Customer Delight: It achieved a net promoter score (NPS) of 89, more than 2x the industry average.
- Expanded Global Partnerships: It grew its roster of new partners, bolstered its strategic partnership with HPE, and added partner Supermicro, among others, to its ecosystem.
- Industry Accolades: For the fourth year in a row, it was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage. It received a rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars in the Gartner Peer Insights’ Distributed File Systems and Object Storage market. In addition, the company was recognized for outstanding innovation by the CRN Tech Innovators, GeekWire and DCS Awards.