Kingston Digital, Inc., flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., is shipping XS2000, a pocket-sized portable SSD utilizing USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 speeds to deliverperformance in a compact, external on-the-go drive.
It delivers transfer speeds up to 2,000MB/s (1) giving users enhanced productivity with little interruption. It offers performance and capacities up to 2TB (2) to offload and edit high-res images, 8K videos and large documents in a flash. The drive connects with USB Type-C (3) allowing content creators to easily store and access their files anywhere on a PC or mobile device. At nearly half the size of a typical portable SSD, XS2000 includes a removable ruggedized sleeve and IP55-rating (4) to withstand water and dust, making it the companion for on-location adventures whether you go from work to play to passion projects.
“XS2000 is purpose-built with the ultimate combination of high performance and high capacity to keep up with the content demands of consumers around the world,” said Keith Schimmenti, SSD business manager,. “Plus the compact size, similar to a key fob, and added durability make this the ideal drive to keep productivity flowing for the everyday content creator to prosumer and corporate professional.“
XS2000 is available in capacities 500GB to 2TB and is backed by a limited 5-year warranty (5) with free technical support.
(1) Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
(2) Some of the listed capacity on a flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for storage. As such, the actual available capacity for storage is less than what is listed on the products. For information, go to Kingston’s flash Memory Guide.
(3) USB Type-C and USB-C are registered trademarks of USB Implementers Forum.
(4) IEC/EN 60529 IP55 certified to withstand water flow and limited dust contact. Must be clean and dry before use.
(5) Limited warranty based on 5 years or ‘SSD Life Remaining’ which can be found using the SSD Manager. A new, unused product will show a wear indicator value of 100, whereas a product that has reached its endurance limit of program erase cycles will show a wear indicator value of one (1). See Kingston.com/wa for details.