Zerto Customers Continue Expansion of Data Protection and DR-to-Cloud Technology in 2H20
Doubling healthcare business and footprint in public sector, quadrupling footprint in EMEA public sectorThis is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on March 8, 2021 at 2:32 pm
Zerto Ltd announced positive growth and cloud technology trends among its customer base for 2H20.
Across 13 industries, Zerto’s customers continued their expansion of data protection (DP) and DR-to-cloud technology with the adoption of Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, AWS, and IBM Cloud.
Global Footprint Grows
In the healthcare industry, Zerto expanded its customer base by 100% and doubled its healthcare business in 2H20. Additionally, it experienced a 100% increase in size of customer project implementation in the public sector. In EMEA specifically, Zerto experienced a 300% spike in the size of project implementations in the public sector.
Additional key growth highlights include:
- New customers in the computers and electronics industry increased by 85%.
- New customers in the business and consulting industry also increased by 300%.
- New customers in the federal government, business, and consulting services industries increased by more than 40%.
- New customers across the manufacturing, software, Internet, and telecommunications industries increased by more than 10%.
- The average project implementation size increased by 200% in the legal industry.
Innovation in Cloud
Customers continued to expand their DP and DR-to-cloud adoption with public cloud providers that included AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, and Google Cloud. The company announced a cloud partnership with Google in 2H20 and added cloud advancements such as VMware on public cloud DR and DP for Microsoft Azure VMware Solution, Google Cloud VMware Engine, and the Oracle Cloud VMware Solution.
Key highlights include:
- Increased its footprint for DR-to-cloud engagements by nearly 100%.
- Was recognized for its innovation in the cloud through numerous accolades that included DCIG’s TOP 5 Azure Backup report, TMCnet’s 2020 Cloud Computing Backup and DR award, CRN’s Coolest Cloud company for 2021 recognition, as well as being named a 2021 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Data Center Backup and Recovery Solutions.
- Published new guidance for customers on how to use Google Cloud VMware Engine for DR and How to Deploy & Configure Zerto Long-term Retention with Amazon S3.
Customer Successes and Wins
In the 2H20, customers continued to build resilience and achieve results across multiple sectors and use cases:
- Grey County, which covers 9 municipalities in south-eastern Ontario, chose Zerto and Azure to ensure continuous availability for critical services like ambulances and long-term care life safety systems even if disaster struck.
- One of the largest insurance companies chose Zerto to protect its critical workloads in the cloud.
- New North American customers include Atlantic Constructors; Boston Medical Center; City of Georgetown, TX; Epiq Global; Fairfax County, VA; and Washington County, TX.
- New EMEA customers and partners include Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust; Merseyside Police; and SLTN.
“Expanding our footprint across these industries speaks to the power and innovation behind the Zerto platform for cloud data management and protection,” said Ziv Kedem, CEO and co-founder. “We’re excited to see momentum in the healthcare and public sectors as some of the most respected names around the globe realize that leveraging the cloud for DR and data protection is critical now more than ever for protecting patients and citizens alike, and it’s simply more efficient.“
“As a leader in long-term healthcare in the Southeast for more than 50 years, we have extremely high expectations to keep everything available at all times in order to serve our 24,000 patients,” said Rich Bailey, VP of IT operations, PruittHealth Cororation. “After experiencing growth, we determined that a DR-to-cloud strategy with Zerto and Azure would be simpler and more efficient than our previous solution. Since using Zerto, we’ve improved efficiencies that include reducing time required for DR testing and reducing man hours spent on near-daily maintenance and operations.“
“Government organizations like ours are often stretched thin, and each agency consists of a lot of small businesses in a sense,” said Evan Davis, technology and infrastructure manager, Grey County. “Zerto and Azure met all of our varied, demanding requirements. They just work together seamlessly.“