Last August, Hubbert Smith left Toshiba Memory America, Inc. where he was director of business development, to become last month consultant, storage expert, product management, program management and marketing.
The veteran had a long career in storage being:
– in product marketing at defunct Auspex from 1991 to 1994
– then software and program manager for NCR for more than 4 years
– Intel‘s strategic marketing manager from 1998 to 2003
– director of enterprise marketing at WD from 2003 to 2006
– founder and CEO of Hubbert Smith LLC from 2007 to 2009
– at NetApp in charge of Hadoop, big analytics solution product management from 2008 to 2013
– finally since April 2018 director of business development for Toshiba Memory America, Inc.
He has authored three books on enterprise storage and holds four patents.
Hubbert Smith, Board’s Member, SNIA
Is at Samsung Semiconductor, was formerly at WD and NetApp.
June 9, 2017 | Press Release