Scale Computing, Inc., and Acronis, Inc. announced an OEM partnership, offering Acronis Backup to customers through Scale Computing channels, delivering archiving, enhanced data protection, disaster recovery, and threat mitigation on the Scale Computing HC3 platform.
HC3 offers the Scale Computing Data Protection Suite, which provides high availability, backup, replication, and recovery features. HC3 users deploy additional backup and recovery solutions to utilize other types of storage, extending existing storage investments in NAS or SAN, or use data protection features that are not available on HC3. The company has determined Acronis Backup best meets these archiving and advanced disaster recovery needs for these HC3 users.
With Acronis Backup on HC3, users will be able to meet tough backup objectives for mission-critical systems, saving up to 10x the storage space, and reducing the backup workload with automated administration. It ensures that data is safe, and mission-critical business applications are available, by enabling users to proactively prevent, or recover quickly from disasters, with capabilities such as:
- Long-Term Retention for Data Archival – Backups can be stored on inexpensive storage for long-term retention to meet regulatory compliance
- Acronis Active Protection – An integrated anti-ransomware defense powered by ML models that proactively detects and stops ransomware attacks and automatically recovers any affected files, including those on network shares and removable devices
- Bare-Metal System Recovery – Accelerates recovery speeds up to twice as fast with the ability to restore a backup image to a machine that doesn’t have a preinstalled OS
- Acronis Universal Restore – Simplifies the recovery of an entire system to the same or dissimilar hardware, or VM, by using smart technology that automatically detects boot requirements
- Granular Recovery – Enables individuals to search for and restore specific files or folders without having to recover full databases or systems
With flexible on-premises and cloud storage options, Acronis Backup users can easily scale their deployment to fit their archival and data protection needs. A touch-friendly UI offers reporting capabilities that lets administrators manage and orchestrate backups with ease across sites.
“Faced with ever-increasing volumes of data along with the growing threat of ransomware and other malware, IT professionals are under tremendous pressure to protect everything while ensuring production systems aren’t impacted. The good news is that protecting your organization’s data doesn’t have to be difficult,” said Pat Hurley, VP and GM, Americas, Acronis. “With Acronis Backup on Scale Computing HC3, organizations gain a fast, scalable cyber protection solution that won’t consume their limited IT budgets.”
“Data protection and disaster recovery are a necessity for IT organizations today, and many of our HC3 customers have implemented effective disaster recovery strategies that combine per VM snapshot scheduling with replication, failover, and recovery. Each HC3 appliance has built-in VM snapshots with scheduling capabilities that are flexible enough to implement almost any backup strategy,” said Jeff Ready, CEO and co-founder, Scale Computing. “With Acronis Backup, HC3 users are enabled to add market-leading archiving and data protection capabilities to their infrastructure. Our technologies are highly complementary, and HC3 customers, who are used to the flexibility and ease of use of our platform, will also benefit from the performance, ROI and TCO advantages offered by Acronis Backup.”
Acronis Backup on HC3 protects nearly all supported VM OSs on the HC3 platform and can granularly backup and restore individual VMs up to and including the entire system. Acronis Backup can store backup data in a range of storage locations, including HC3 virtual disks, existing NAS/SAN, and public clouds.
Acronis Backup is available for purchase from Scale Computing.