DDN’s Lustre division develops a scalable parallel file system software and offers technical support to its preferred partners. RAID Inc., an HPC storage provider, had demonstrated sales and customer expansion with Lustre-based solutions prior to DDN’s acquisition of the Intel Lustre division and continues to see strong demand. The partnership will allow RAID Inc. customers to combine RAID’s platforms with the capabilities of Lustre along with the backing of DDN Lustre support in a simple-to-deploy solution.
The Lustre file system delivers parallel performance and the stability needed for artificial AI and HPC workloads. DDN’s Lustre software is architected for the enterprise, with monitoring, data protection and linear scalability of capacity and performance. Lustre solutions start at capacities less than 100TB and scale to more that 12PB per rack.
“DDN has consistently been at the forefront of Lustre innovations and delivering solutions that address the most demanding storage challenges. Today’s announcement reinforces our mutual commitment to offering the broadest industry and functional expertise in the market and to delivering new infrastructure solutions that provide customers with complete, scalable Lustre file systems that deliver faster time to results and improved outcomes,” said Marc DiZoglio, president, RAID Inc. “RAID is also working on its first fully embedded DDN Lustre product, which will be fully vetted and recognized by Whamcloud for Level 3 services. We are very excited by the possibilities and advancements our co-development efforts will bring to customers.“
DDN Lustre is an advanced parallel storage software for data-intensive environments, on premise or in the cloud. Its development team has been developing and supporting parallel file system solutions for tough data challenges for more than 15 years. DDN’s Lustre offering benefits from large scale automated testing to enhance stability, uptime, and performance and technical support to preferred partners.
Features and functionality include:
- Embedded / Converged: Lowers TCO with converged storage and network and improves latency with a converged file system.
- Installation / Configuration Tools: Simplifies the move to Lustre with data migration, installation and configuration tools.
- Enterprise Features: HA, security, strong authentication, multi-tenancy and quotas, among others.
- Single, Scalable Name Space: Single application and end user view of data optimized for flash and/or HDD – in file or object storage, local or remote.
- Directory Level Quotas: Flexibility in project-level quotas.
- Data on Metadata: Improved small file performance.
- Improved Client Performance: Improved client performance for both small and large I/O for AI and HPC workloads.
- Lustre Monitoring: Reduce complexity with Lustre’s fine-grained file system monitoring.
“As the primary developer, maintainer and technical support provider for Lustre software, DDN implements solutions for extreme, data-intensive environments,” said Paul Bloch, president and co-founder, DDN. “Having RAID Inc. so closely aligned with us provides a real advantage in delivering the most powerful solutions to customers.“