S3 native cloud integration. Cut cloud recovery costs.
When it comes to cloud-based backup and recovery, you expect Bacula Enterprise Edition from Bacula Systems SA, to provide the flexibility, compatibility and manageability you need. Enterprise 8.8 does that – and also delivers native integration with public and private clouds via the S3 interface.
Minimal restore cost. Recover only what you need.
• Enterprise 8.8 features cloud integration with a Minimal Restore Cost (MRC) functionality. This means that the user restores less data from the cloud.
• As a result, cloud costs are reduced compared to other backup and restore vendors.
• Version 8.8’s MRC functionality, together with its backup features, means that cloud costs are more easy to predict.
• Restore data from the cloud using either command line or BWeb (GUI) interfaces.
This new capability, combined with special cloud management tools, provides data center managers with the an integrated cloud backup solution for their entire physical and virtual environments regardless of architecture – all from a single platform.
DR can now also be delivered in a cloud-computing model so recovery resources are only paid for when they are used, making it more efficient than a traditional recovery warm site or hot site where the recovery resources must be running at all times.
Main 8.8 release features:
• Integrated backup and restore with both public and private clouds via the S3 interface
• Granular control over data that needs to be restored from the cloud, reducing operational exposure to cloud costs and boosting business agility
• A range of functionality throughout the entire platform designed to integrate physical and virtual environments with public, private and hybrid cloud data transfers, allowing more predictable costs
• Faster backup and restores to and from the cloud, at low cost
To download trial version (registration required)