Samsung Largely Leader in SSD Market – Trendfocus
In both exabytes (52%) and units (45%) shippedThis is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on November 18, 2015 at 3:00 pm
Trendfocus, Inc. has published this Executive Summary on NAND/SSD Information Service – CQ3 ’15 Quarterly Update – November 11, 2015.
Stronger Notebook PC Sales Lift SSD Demand in CQ3’15 – Unit Shipments Top 26.2 Million
All enterprise SSD segments show growth, combining for 5% Q/Q
- Improved seasonal notebook PC demand boosted SSD shipments, as unit shipments grew nearly 10%
sequentially to 26.22 million units.
- Client modules were up slightly to 9.29 million units in line with notebook PC sales trend.
- All three enterprise segments posted growth in CQ3 to lift shipments to 3.10 million units. PCIe sales finally broke through the 100,000 mark to 117,000 units in CQ3.
- cSSD sales grew in CQ3 to 23.12 million units, up almost 11% from the prior quarter – channel market sales continue to account for a measurable%age of total cSSD sales.
- Total SSD capacity shipped rose over 14% from last quarter to 7.3 EBs, and the overall average capacity
increased 11GB to 279GB.
Total SSD Supplier Market Share, by Supplier, Units in Million, Exabytes
CQ3 ’15 Total SSD Market 26.216 Million Units