Winchester Systems Inc., a data-storage infrastructure provider to military and commercial systems integrators and service/solution providers, announced the availability of its FlashNAS ZFS 3400 NAS system.
It combines durable, active-active redundant hardware technology with the ZFS file system to provide enterprise data protection and reliability.
Sporting controllers, power supplies and fans that are modular, redundant and hot swappable, the hardware is purpose-built for continuous availability and long-term durability.
Integrated with this hardware platform, the ZFS file system provides end-to-end error detection and correction, self-healing, and SSD optimization features for protection of data integrity throughout.
Building on this foundation, Winchester Systems it adds advanced enterprise functions such as storage-pool mirroring, remote replication, anti-virus scanning, and NDMP backup and migration software compatibility.
Integrated NAS system with tier-1 capabilities:
- Seamless Data Sharing across Windows, UNIX, Linux and Mac OS X
- Unified Security Model
- Online-Expandable RAID-0/1/5/6/50/60 Storage Pools With Hot Spares
- Scalable to 256 Drives (1024TB Raw Capacity)
- End-to-end Data Error Detection and Self-Healing
- Storage-Pool Mirroring Across Multiple FlashNAS ZFS systems
- Intelligent I/O Acceleration Using SSDs
- Unlimited Snapshots
- Asynchronous Remote Replication
- In-Line, Block-Level Deduplication and Compression
- Thin Provisioning
- Support for ICAP-bBased Anti-Virus Scanning
- NDMP Backup Software Integration
All of these capabilities are integrated into a single system with a web based management interface.
There are no hidden costs to enable specific features. All hardware and software functionality is included in the base system price.
Winchester Systems also offers storage-infrastructure consulting, on-site installation and service spares, and 24×7 product service and support worldwide.