AutoVirt AutoClones Data Replication SoftwareFor Windows, at $5,000 for unlimited license in a single domain
This is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on 2009.02.27
AutoVirt, Inc., provider of Windows data migration solutions, announced the release of its AutoClone Windows data replication software. AutoClone helps customers dramatically increase the speed and efficiency of their Windows data replications, in order to ensure resource optimization, data protection, consistency and availability, as well as disaster recovery (DR) and business continuity.
"The limitations of conventional Windows data replication technologies are well recognized in the industry, however until now there simply hasn't been a viable alternative," said Terri McClure, analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). "The parallel streaming, differential file copy and exception handling in AutoVirt's AutoClone Windows data replication solution provide customers with a quantum leap in such critical areas as speed, efficiency, reliability and ease-of-use."
"Indeed, customers have historically been faced with a number of challenges around their Windows data replication initiatives -- especially in the areas of speed, exception handling and licensing/installation," said Josh Klein, president and CEO, AutoVirt. "AutoClone offers customers the ability to overcome these hurdles. First of all, it dramatically increases the speed of replications via its ability to process files in parallel versus one-by-one. This subtle difference makes AutoClone as much as 20 times faster than any other solution on the market today. In fact, one of our customers has reduced his regular sync operation, which includes over 20 million files synchronized between geographically disparate data centers, from days to hours. The second key challenge we enable customers to overcome is that of exception handling. When AutoClone encounters an open, encrypted, or password protected file, it doesn't stop the replication process, but instead maintains a meticulous log, and continues operations. Last but not least, customers appreciate that the AutoClone license agreement covers every server in a single domain."
Klein continued: "Bottom line, in order to protect data and ensure business continuity, as well as optimize storage resources across physical, virtualized and mixed environments, data replication and migration will continue to be a necessary endeavor. However with AutoVirt, instead of a troublesome event, it can become an affordable, efficient and easy to manage ongoing capability."
Advantages of AutoClone Data Replication Solution:
- Speed: AutoClone copies over 30 files in parallel, as opposed to sequentially - one at a time, making it as much as 20 times faster than any other solution available on the market today.
- Exception Handling: When faced with an exception, or offending file (i.e., open, encrypted, password protected, etc), AutoClone records an accurate and detailed log entry while the replication process continues, uninterrupted. In addition, unlimited length character paths are permitted.
- Destination Share Support: AutoClone generates destination shares and ACLs, as well as supports nested shares.
- Ease of Ownership: The AutoClone license agreement includes unlimited installations and use in a single domain, which translates to lower cost and ease of management.
- Heterogeneous Storage Support: AutoClone delivers optimal performance across heterogeneous network-attached storage (NAS) devices and Windows file servers.
- Real-time Monitoring: AutoClone provides continuous real-time progress reports that help customers to maintain the highest levels of ongoing operational visibility.
AutoClone is available immediately at a perpetual license price of $5,000, which includes unlimited use in a single domain.