Spectra Logic T50e: a Tape Library for SMBs4U, 10 to 50 slots, 1 to 4 LTO-3 or -4 drives
This is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on 2008.08.05
Spectra Logic Corporation brings enterprise-class features to SMEs with the new version of the Spectra T50 tape library, the Spectra T50e. The new T50e builds on the solid foundation of features offered in the previous generation, such as LTO-4 encryption with key management and the operational simplicity of Spectra's BlueScaleË™ environment. The 80 TB, 4U library is easy to use and integrate, and comes standard fully loaded with new enterprise features, which are all new to the SME library space.
T50e extends these new features and functionality:
- Available to SME LTO library users for the first time, the T50e offers dual port FC drives for redundant connectivity and higher availability. Failover between the ports can be manual or automatic.
- T50e offers the most comprehensive, seamless growth path allowing users to purchase additional storage capacity when needed. Scale from 10 slots to 50 slots within the same unit utilizing Spectra Capacity-On-Demand. When growth needs exceed 80 TB, T50e users can TranScale to the larger Spectra T120 to more than double their capacity. TranScale lets customers preserve initial storage investments.
- Field Replaceable Components allow for maximum uptime. In addition to available worldwide on-site support, all major components of the T50e are customer replaceable. The Assisted Self Maintenance (ASM) option allows users to stage spares components on-site for fast replacement. Drives and power supplies are hot swappable.
- Media Lifecycle Management offers proactive notification of faulty tape media. It records 30 system data points on each tape, giving vital statistical and diagnostic information that helps administrators proactively manage tape media to reduce drive and tape errors.
- Spectra's signature, proprietary software, the BlueScale interface, accessible through a Web interface or the built-in LCD color touch screen, allows access to features like encryption with key management and EnergyAudit for power monitoring.
"We developed the T50e based on customer demand for an easy-to-install storage library that offered enterprise-class feature set and top-notch reliability," said Molly Rector, Spectra Logic's VP of marketing and product management. "Extending the Spectra T-series library options to our T50e meets all of these needs affordably: the T50e is simply a better library for SME needs."
Pricing and availability Pricing for a one-LTO-3 drive SCSI T50e begins shipping in late August, starting at $10,800. T50e is compatible with every major operating system and backup software package.