Iomega: Mid-Range Scalable NASUp to 36TB in rackmount arrays, with EMC LifeLine software
This is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on 2012.02.17
Iomega Corporation, an EMC company, announced the worldwide launch of the StorCenter PX Server Class Series of network storage products, a line of high performance desktop and rackmount NAS devices utilizing server class drives and offering high level of performance and data protection for SMBs, remote offices and distributed enterprises.
Designed with EMC storage technology, Iomega's new StorCenter PX Server Class Series incorporates a new version of EMC LifeLine software with computing features as well as 1TB, 2TB and 3TB server class SATA drives for reliability and continuous operation in critical business functions, such as "always on" video surveillance applications.
The new performance line of Iomega NAS products includes four-bay and six-bay desktop models that range from diskless to 18TB of network storage, and four-bay and 12-bay rackmount models that range from diskless to 36TB of network storage.
"Iomega's new PX Server Class Series is another example of Iomega delivering on its EMC heritage by bringing easy-to-use world class EMC enterprise storage capabilities to SMBs, remote offices and distributed enterprises at affordable prices," said Jonathan Huberman, president of Iomega Corporation. "Designed using many of the same technologies as EMC's enterprise network storage products, the new PX Server Class Series is comprised of powerful business class NAS devices that offer increased reliability and continuous operation that comes with server class drives, as well as the option of using consumer drives. Either way, there are numerous new software features debuting with our new server class NAS series that benefit SMBs and would normally only be found with enterprise level network storage solutions."
All of the new PX Server Class Series products feature Intel processors to deliver the performance demanded by critical business applications and to support the LifeLine software features.
"As part of the EMC family, Iomega works closely with Intel to deliver network storage products for small installations and distributed enterprises," said David Tuhy, general manager of the Intel Corp.'s Storage Group. "Intel is excited that Iomega uses our broad portfolio, including Intel Atom, Intel Celeron, and IntelCore2 Duo, to meet the range of its customer needs."
"Iomega's StorCenter PX Server Class Series is another move forward in Iomega's plan to provide small and mid-sized businesses and distributed enterprises with network storage products that combine advanced features and capabilities with the ease-of-use often required by smaller organizations and remote work groups," said Benjamin Woo, program vice president, worldwide storage systems, IDC. "With many of the same attributes as enterprise network storage solutions yet tailored to the smaller enterprise, the PX Server Class Series raises the high end of Iomega's network storage offerings to a new level that continues to fit nicely below EMC's entry-level storage systems."
of Iomega StorCenter PX Server Class Series
The new desktop and rackmount StorCenter PX Server Class Series launches with a new version of EMC LifeLine software that includes features specifically targeted to industrial-strength operating environments, including:
- Configuration Backup and Restore - backup and restore system configuration information, saving various system properties, including users, groups, device identification and share names and permissions. This capability is useful when cloning a configuration across the deployment of multiple systems, such as branch offices and retail locations.
- Scheduled Power - create a power schedule to turn on and off StorCenter PX Server Class Series models, including day and time as well as one-time events or recurring events.
- Wake-on-LAN - Powers on StorCenter PX Server Class series models when a specific signal is sent over the network. (Wake-On-LAN 'magic packet' application not included.) Both scheduled power and Wake on LAN provide electrical power management to enable customers to minimize AC power footprint for sustainability or to minimize operating costs.
- Encrypted Volume - allows users to secure data on a created encrypted volume with an assigned password. Data on the encrypted volume, including block and file, is only accessible with assigned password.
- SMART Hard Drive Monitor - Continually monitors and reports on the health of all drives in StorCenter PX Server Class Series system.
- Partner Application Download - Supports download and installation of partnered third-party applications, extending functionality and flexibility of StorCenter PX Server Class Series models.
- SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) - Useful for secure transferring of data between computers over a network. SFTP reads and writes from/to a remote server to a StorCenter PX Server Class Series model.
- Iomega Personal Cloud technology - a web-based computing architecture that connects your Iomega StorCenter PX Server Class Series network storage device to other individuals and/or devices via the Internet.
- EMC Atmos - Connect to any EMC Atmos powered cloud storage service provider for secure offsite storage of data.
- LifeLine Native Video Surveillance Enhancements - In addition to support for Axis and Panasonic IP cameras, StorCenter PX Server Class Series models now support configurable resolution settings and parameters for Bosch IP cameras.
- Performance - Through optional solid state drives, dual core Intel processors, and up to four GbE NICs and 4GB memory.
- Multiple RAID levels - 0, 1, 10, 5, 5+1 (hot spare) and 6: All with automatic RAID rebuild and hot swap functionality.
- Certified: For VMware vSphere 5.0, Citrix XenServer, Windows Server 2003/2008/2008R2.
Video Surveillance Solutions
The StorCenter PX Server Class Series makes it easy to archive, protect and share physical security video and audio files from anywhere (with an Internet connection). The devices deliver the innovation and convenience of optimizing video surveillance installations from four to 48 IP cameras per device at a fraction of the cost of traditional DVR/NVR installations.
StorCenter offers three video surveillance storage
and management solutions for SMBs
and distributed enterprises:
- Surveillance Storage Target - Simplified, scalable network storage for recorded or archived surveillance video.
- Integrated Video Management Systems - Blend smart storage with video management software and IP cameras for an integrated, low-cost video surveillance solution.
- Iomega Hosted Video Surveillance Solutions - Leverage the power of cloud storage and the ubiquity of a browser-based video management system interface for a cost-effective security solution.
Desktop StorCenter px4-300d
and px6-300d Server Class Series
The StorCenter px4-300d Server Class Series consists of four HDD bays and up to 12TB of storage; the StorCenter px6-300d Server Class Series is outfitted with six HDD bays and up to 18TB of storage capacity. Both models are available diskless, partially populated and fully populated. Empty bays in both models are fitted with a drive carrier that can accommodate 2.5-inch and 3.5 inch HDD drives, as well as SSD drives for performance-intensive applications.
Rackmount StorCenter px4-300r
and px12-350r Server Class Series
With up to 12TB of storage capacity, the StorCenter px4-300r Network Storage Array Server Class Series features four bays for use with HDDs or SSDs. The px4-300r comes in a space-saving 1U form factor ranging from diskless to populated with HDD and/or SSD drives. Iomega's rackmount unit, the Iomega StorCenter px12-350r Network Storage Array Server Class Series, utilizes 12 bays in a 2U form factor that ranges from partially populated with 4TB to fully with up to 36TB.
Availability and Warranty
The StorCenter PX Server Class Series of network storage devices is available worldwide.
The desktop px4-300d starts at $699.99, the desktop px6-300d starts at $899.99, the rackmount px4-300r starts at $1,699.99, and the rackmount px12-350r starts at $4,999.99.
All pricing is U.S. suggested retail.
The Iomega StorCenter PX Server Class Series includes a standard three-year limited warranty with phone support up to 13 hours a day, five days a week. Optional service plans include Iomega's Enhanced Service Plan which includes a five-year limited warranty, 24x7 phone support with advance replacement.