Top 15 Fastest Growing Storage Start-Ups in 2012Among those that revealed their growth
By Jean-Jacques Maleval on 2013.01.11
Here, for th first time, we make a different ranking on the Top 15 Fastest Growing Storage Start-Ups in 2012 in revenue growth.
Start-ups are all privately held and about never reveal their sales. But a bunch of them have published in 2012 press releases demonstrating their growth in percentage or in number of customers. We have classified here these start-ups depending on their published growth.
Of course here are missing all the new storage companies that didn't reveal anything on their financial activity. For two reasons: 1/ they are successful but neglect to inform us about it; 2/ they are not successful and prefer not divulge their bad results.
Here are our final result:
- Caringo (CAS software)
- Nasuni (secure cloud storage)
- Actifio (data protection, DR and BC)
- Virsto Software (software to unleash the power of virtual storage for virtual server)
- Code 42 Software* (offsite and online backup solution)
- StorMagic (storage management software to simplify SAN adoption in core and VMware IT environment)
- Nexenta Systems (software storage OS based on ZFS)
- Coraid (network storage appliances based on ATA-over-Ethernet)
- Mimecast* (email management including archiving, discovery, continuity, security and policy)
- VirtualSharp Software (DR Assurance for virtual data center)
- Unitrends Software (business recovery solution for SMBs)
- CloudSigma (Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider)
- Tintri (SSD storage system for virtual machines)
- Sanbolic (shared file system software)
- PHD Virtual Technologies (backup and recovery for VMs)
* Firms also being in Top 15 Most Promising Storage Start-Ups in 2013