Kingston Digital 6Gb SATA SSD With SandForce Controller120GB, 240GB and 480GB, 5-year warranty
This is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on 2011.09.19
KC100 utilizes the SandForce controller. This SSD delivers boosts the productivity of any client system.
KC100 is backed by a five-year warranty to match the industry average for product refresh cycles in the enterprise. Utilizing SandForce's DuraClass technology, KC100 delivers data integrity protection. Corporations can rest assured their data is safe as the drive offers advanced wear leveling and garbage collection to maintain optimal endurance and performance. Data integrity protection runs transparently in the background so it never disrupts daily business.
KC100 offers enterprise-level S.M.A.R.T attributes. The SSD's usage statistics, health and life stage can be monitored with industry standard and publicly available S.M.A.R.T monitoring tools. This provides peace of mind for IT departments knowing their employees are taken care of as the KC100 client-side SSDs are reliable and running optimally.
"Kingston is thrilled to offer the new business-equipped KC100 SSD to enterprises," said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. "Data integrity is important to every company and the KC100 is sure to deliver the highest standards of data protection on the client systems in which it is installed. Users can rest assured that with the combination of its endurance, reliability and performance, KC100 will become a very important asset in the workplace."
The new KC100 self-encrypts to provide client-level data encryption. With two embedded encryption engines, running in both AES-128 and AES-256, encryption is performed at the drive level without draining host system resources and slowing down data transfer rates. KC100 is also backwards-compatible with current SATA 2 systems for the next client system upgrade.
SSDNow KC100 ships in 120GB, 240GB and 480GB capacities, as a standalone or as an upgrade bundle kit. It is backed by a five-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Kingston SSDNow KC100 Features and Specifications
Sequential Reads 6Gb/s:
- SATA Rev. 3.0 - 120GB & 240GB: 555MB/s; 480GB: 540MB/s
- SATA Rev. 2.0 - 120GB, 240GB & 480GB: 280MB/s
Sequential Writes 6Gb/s
- SATA Rev. 3.0 - 120GB & 240GB: 510MB/s; 480GB: 450MB/s
- SATA Rev. 2.0 - 120GB, 240GB & 480GB: 260MB/s
Sustained Random 4K Read/Write:
- 120GB: 20,000/60,000 IOPS
- 240GB: 40,000/60,000 IOPS
- 480GB: 60,000/45,000 IOPS
Max Random 4K Read/Write:
- 120GB: 90,000 / 70,000 IOPS
- 240GB: 95,000 / 60,000 IOPS
- 480GB: 77,000 / 45,000 IOPS
- Form factor: 2.5"
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s), SATA Rev 2.0 (3Gb/s) and SATA Rev 1.0 (1.5Gb/s)
- Guaranteed: five-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
- Enterprise S.M.A.R.T Tools: Reliability Tracking, Usage Statistics, Life Remaining, Power Loss, Wear Leveling, Temperature, Drive Life Protection
- Capacity: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB
- Storage temperatures: -40°C - 85°C
- Operating temperatures: 0°C - 70°C
- Dimensions: 69.85mm x 100mm x 9.5mm
- Vibration operating: 2.17G
- Vibration non-operating: 20G
- Operating shock: 1500G
- Power specs: 0.455 W (TYP) Idle / 1.6 W (TYP) Read / 2.05 W (TYP) Write
Kingston SSDNow KC100 Business Equipped SSD
Kingston Ships SandForce-Based HyperX SSD
6Gb SATA, sequential R/W of 555/510MB/s, up to 240GB ($540)
Kingston With First SandForce-Based SSD
R/W throughputs of 525/480MB/s, 120GB and 240GB