Veeam Software: Fiscal 4Q09 Financial ResultsAnnual revenues grow 127% and customer base 300%.
This is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on 2010.02.24
Veeam Software, provider of data protection, disaster recovery and systems management tools for VMware virtual datacenter environments, experienced growth in every area of its business in 2009. Total bookings revenue grew 127 percent over 2008, and the customer base has grown over 300 percent, now exceeding 8,000 customers worldwide. Veeam built a strong worldwide sales and channel organization and established itself as the technology and innovation leader in VMware data protection, disaster recovery and systems management during a year of rapid growth and continued success for the company.
"In 2008 we began to catch the attention of the customer and VAR community, and in 2009 we began to reap the benefits of this early visibility while accelerating our investments in R&D, sales, marketing and partner support," said Ratmir Timashev, Veeam President and CEO. "The fact that we enjoyed this extraordinary growth during one of the worst economic climates in recent years is a strong testimony to the value of, and demand for, our products."
Other highlights in 2009 include:
- Customers: As of December 31, 2009, Veeam had more than 8,000 customers worldwide, and continues to add new customers at the rate of 700 per month.
- Partners: The company also has more than 3,000 ProPartner resellers and 22 distributors worldwide. Veeam is committed to continued growth and support for its channel partners.
- Products: In addition to the 12 major product updates Veeam made available in 2009, the company finished the year by introducing Veeam Backup & Replication 4.0, the first backup product to fully support new features in VMware vSphere 4 including Changed Block Tracking and thin-provisioned disks.
- Employees: Veeam increased its worldwide number of employees by 116 percent during 2009 to more than 200 employees worldwide, and during the year opened new offices in Europe and the Asia Pacific region.
- Presidents Club: Veeam's sales success in 2009 led to its first-ever sales incentive club, providing special recognition to sales teams exceeding 100 percent of quota.
- Awards: Veeam was pleased to receive two awards in the SearchServerVirtualization.com '2009 Products of the Year' competition: a Gold award for Veeam Backup & Replication and a Bronze award for Veeam Business View. In addition, the Veeam Management Suite received the TechColumbus 2009 Innovation Award for Outstanding Product by a company with more than 50 employees.
Timashev said the company looks forward to even greater customer, partner, product and revenue growth in 2010. "Our product innovation will be matched by strength in market presence. We will be introducing the new concept of Virtualization-Powered Data Protection and new capabilities for virtual infrastructure management. Customers can reduce costs, mitigate risk, and fully realize the promise of virtualization with Veeam."