IDrive Updates SoftwareTo backup computers and mobile devices with single account
This is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on 2012.02.02
IDrive, created by Pro Softnet Corporation, has launched the latest updates to its online backup software for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.
"With a single account new customers can backup as many computers and mobile devices as they'd like and then view their files from any of those connected devices or on our website. Plus, the mobile app can now backup contacts, photos and videos and make them available online as well," said Raghu Kulkarni, CEO and founder of Pro Softnet Corporation.
Customers can now protect an unlimited number desktops, laptops, smartphones and tablets with one plan. Those interested can create a free account and store their first 5GB at no charge.
IDrive offers two plans for home users: 150 GBs for $4.95/month or 500 GBs for $14.95/month, with no limits on the number of Windows, Mac, iOS or Android devices that can be protected or the length of time for file reten-tion. For businesses, plans range from 50GB to 1TB starting at $9.95/month with priority customer support.
- Access files from PCs, Macs, iOS or Android devices
- Share files/folders with others
- Intelligent and secure incremental backups/restores
- Available private key encryption
- 'True Archive' storage - data is never automatically deleted
- Last 30 versions of each file are held without counting against GBs stored
- CDP for real-time backup of commonly used files -No file size or type limitations and no bandwidth throttling
- Large restores can be physically shipped for quick disaster recovery
- IDrive manages its own infrastructure; the speed and performance can rarely be matched
- Live phone and 24-hour chat support The IDrive mobile app makes it possible for users to access their account and share files while on the go.
New updates bring the ability to backup contact information, photos and videos over a WiFi or 3G connection to the IDrive cloud from Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices running iOS 4.0 or later as well as Google Android devices running 2.0 or later. The information is then made available via other connected devices and the IDrive website.
IDrive is available for home and server editions of Windows and Mac OS X and for mobile devices in the Apple App Store and Android Market.