Cofio Upgrades AIMstor 2.2Real-time backup and de-dupe solution for Windows and Linux
This is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on 2010.07.27
Cofio Software Inc. announced an upgrade to its software product, AIMstor, an application that unifies several data protection technologies into a next generation real-time backup and deduplication solution for Windows and Linux environments.
The new release provides:
- New timeline view of file versions and snapshots, which can be shown together with real-time user touches and modifications to data. Ideal for archive compliance of documents.
- Additional management utilities for its object storage repository.
- Event notification for Backup, CDP, replication and file level activities.
- Real-time tracking and alerts of user file system activities such as deletes, changes, moves.
- New support for Linux Master, Linux Client and Linux Deduplicated Repository.
- Client side snapshots, which can be used for Replication nodes to invoke rollback points.
AIMstor utilizes a workflow interface for fast drag and drop of policies and data flow of physical and virtual machines and groups. AIMstor's target and source deduplication provides massive performance and efficiency increases across the board over traditional backup and replication products.
- Up to 95% reduction in LAN/WAN bandwidth over standard backup
- Up to 95% capacity reduction over standard backup
- Uses Changed Byte Transfer to reduce 95% of workload during physical and VM backups
- Installs and configures in minutes for workgroup to data center
- Optimize restore times 3X to 100X with intelligent Tag-Store-Index of all data
AIMstor provides several separate, yet fully unified data protection tools. User can select which tool to use for specific policies, depending on actual business process and workflow requirements. They range from Live or Batch Backup, to Continuous Data Protection (true CDP), Real Time Replication, and Bare Metal Recovery. And because the repository is fully indexed, it can also serve as an active archive to users for fast file search and retrieval.
At China Petroleum and Chemical Corporation, one of China's largest oil and gas distribution companies, Mr. Zhou Yi of the SINOPEC HEBEI division said: "We have very important SYBASE ASE and SYBASE IQ data running in our core applications. In addition, we have Oracle replication setup for failover. Being able to combine backup, CDP and replication within the same product greatly simplified the workload on our remote office sites. AIMstor has helped reduce overall costs much more than we expected."
George Crump, Analyst and Chief Steward of Storage Switzerland noted: "Most organizations have zero confidence in their ability to recover data in a timely fashion. This has lead to data protection sprawl, where multiple applications are used to protect often the same data set over and over again generating non-integrated workflows that increase operational expenses as well as capital expenses. Ironically there is no increased level of confidence when these systems are put to the recovery test. AIMstor is an excellent example of a single product that combines unified backup, which lowers capital expenses with a data protection workflow that lowers operational expenses."
At MediKeeper, a health record cloud service company in San Diego, CTO David Nguyen stated: "We purchased AIMstor because installation and setup took only a few minutes for real-time replication and bare metal recovery functionality. Also, our user's sensitive medical data, and MediKeeper's business processes and work flows are easily integrated with Oracle, SQL and Exchange for end-to-end data protection."
Cofio Software's CEO, Tony Cerqueira stated: "Managing data end-to-end used to require a complex and costly integration of many different products for the user. AIMstor makes it fast, easy and affordable because it is a unified application from the start."
AIMstor is targeted at IT Managers of small to medium IT infrastructures who seek simple and cost effective ways of unifying backup, archive, real-time disaster recovery and compliance of data storage. Cofio pursues sales through resellers, system integrators, appliance vendors and OEMs. AIMstor version 2.2 is now available for download with registration.