Emulex Drives Gen 5 FC Ecosystem Get Partner AdoptionEchoStreams, Infortrend, Nimbus Data, Vicom
This is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on 2013.07.05
Emulex Corporation announced continued adoption of its LightPulse Gen 5 HBAs worldwide, for joint SSD and SAN appliance solutions.
Echostreams Innovative Solutions, LLC, Infortrend Technology Inc., Nimbus Data Systems, Inc. and Vicom Systems, Inc. have certified Gen 5 FC HBAs with their solutions, enabling the responsive solutions to accelerate databases, virtualization and I/O-intensive applications. Gen 5 FC is the latest generation of FC products capable of up to 16Gb speeds. Gen 5 FC HBAs deliver increased SAN reliability, and management and consolidation simplicity, as well as application acceleration and higher throughput for virtualization, flash storage and mission-critical applications.
"Emulex Gen 5 FC HBAs offer the performance, throughput and low latency necessary to fully leverage the abilities of today's servers and storage. As SSDs and flash storage continue to appear at new points in the I/O path, Emulex is on the leading edge of understanding how to optimize I/O architectures and provide the solutions that keep pace with these acceleration solutions," said Shaun Walsh, SVP of marketing and corporate development, Emulex. "We are committed to continuing to expand the Gen 5 FC ecosystem, collaborating with key partners in delivering joint solutions that power data centers worldwide."
Emulex partners continue to certify Gen 5 FC HBAs, as the most widely deployed HBAs by OEMs, with more than 65% of the overall revenue market share for 2012 (1). They enable 20% more IOPS than other Gen 5 FC HBAs, plus fast response times and 4x better IOPS performance per watt (2) and up to 4x more logins/open exchanges. With more than 1.2 million IOPS on a single port (2), Emulex Gen 5 FC HBAs are suited for FC connectivity to SSDs and new multi-core processors.
Partners have certified Emulex Gen 5 FC HBAs
in the following ways:
- EchoStreams: Emulex Gen 5 FC HBAs are certified for use with the Infortrend EonStor DS G7i Series platform and provide a massive performance boost by doubling throughput and providing superior IOPS to power data centers, cloud services and high-volume servers.
- Nimbus Data: Gen 5 FC HBAs are qualified for use with the Nimbus Gemini flash memory array and help maximize the I/O and throughput performance of NAND flash memory to deliver higher performance than conventional spinning disk arrays.
- Infortrend: Gen 5 FC HBAs are certified for use with the EonStor DS G7i Series platform and provide a performance boost by doubling throughput and providing superior IOPS to power data centers, cloud services and high-volume servers.
- Vicom: Gen 5 FC HBAs are certified for use with the Vicom's customer Data Migration Appliance, which are deployed to install and migrate data without changing SAN, storage, or host systems. They enable faster connectivity for the Vicom migration appliances and help take data migration and automation to a new level with non-disruptive, no-outage operation
"The EchoStreams FlacheSAN2 is targeted at key vertical markets such as the video and telecommunications markets, and in tandem with Emulex Gen 5 FC HBAs enables the fastest I/O connectivity for customers," said Andy Lee, director of product marketing, EchoStreams. "As the demand for faster bandwidth and higher throughput is constantly increasing, together, we can respond to customers' needs with a purpose-built turnkey solution."
"Emulex high-performance Gen 5 FC HBAs in tandem with the Nimbus Gemini flash memory array offers significantly higher performance for customers deploying flash storage environments today," said Thomas Z. Isakovich, CEO, Nimbus Data. "This combined offering provides the lightning fast speed, low latency, HA and reduced power and cooling benefits customers are looking for in their storage solutions today."
"Mission-critical applications require a solution with high throughput and exceptional speed to fulfill the quick responses, demands and efficiency of their daily jobs," said Thomas Kao, senior director of product planning, Infortrend. "The combination of Emulex Gen 5 FC HBAs with the Infortrend EonStor DS G7i 16GFC-host storage solution achieves this by delivering an integrated high-performance solution to customers."
"Vicom Systems' Data Migration Appliance, in tandem with Emulex Gen 5 HBAs, enable customers' applications to either stay online while data is migrated in the background or offline at high-speeds, during planned weekend maintenance periods," said Samuel Tam, CEO, Vicom. "Emulex offers impressive performance, with increased I/O bandwidth and high reliability, meeting the needs of our joint customers for proven, painless data migration with predictability and productivity."
1. Crehan Research Q1 2013 Server-class Adapter and LOM market share report
2. Demartek Emulex LPe16000B 16Gb FCl HBA Evaluation, October 2012