… Quest Launched as Independent Software Company …Backed by Francisco Partners and Elliott Management
This is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on 2016.11.02
Francisco Partners Management LLC, a technology-focused private equity firm, and Elliott Management Corporation announced the completion of the Dell Software Group acquisition and the relaunch of Quest as a new standalone company.
A software brand with a nearly 30-year heritage, Quest will focus on expanding its IT and cloud management portfolio solutions to include SaaS solutions for the cloud era. Coupled with systems and security management software expertise, the company will continue to invest in developing the software solutions, both on-premises and SaaS, that empower its 100,000 customers worldwide to drive their business growth.
"Along with our partners at Elliott Management, we're excited to officially relaunch Quest today as a standalone software company," said Dipanjan DJ Deb, co-founder and CEO, Francisco Partners. "Quest has a long and successful software heritage, and a fiercely loyal community of employees, customers, and partners. We look forward to this new chapter for Quest and are confident the team will continue innovating on behalf of customers, while driving profitable growth for the company."
The constantly evolving security, IT and cloud management landscape increases the demands on IT professionals to build robust, secure and nimble IT infrastructures. Quest's solutions reduce the time, effort and money spent on IT administration and development and open opportunities for increased focus and investment on business innovation.
The Quest solutions address critical areas of security, IT and cloud management such as database management, data protection, endpoint systems management, identity and access management, and Microsoft platform management. As a result, customers are empowered to secure the infrastructure, automate complex processes, optimize application experiences, and enable data-driven decision-making, all while modernizing for the cloud.
The firm will take a fresh look at opportunities to serve customers across diverse product solution areas by expanding its routes to market across the business. This includes working with channel partners across all areas of the portfolio, as well as enabling a global ecosystem of system integrators to assist in deploying solutions like those from the identity and access management and Microsoft platform management portfolios. This will provide customers a choice to work either directly with Quest or with a partner.
Quest is led by chairman and CEO Jeff Hawn, who brings more than 15 years of experience as a software company executive. Previously, he was chairman and CEO of Vertafore, a software provider for the insurance industry, and prior to that was chairman and CEO of the Attachmate Group, a provider of identity and infrastructure enterprise software.
"As companies continue to embrace business transformation, particularly through adopting cloud-centric technology models, they need a trusted partner through this critical journey," said Hawn. "In relaunching Quest, our products will be purpose-built and backed by a level of support and services that will help our customers and partners succeed. We'll take the best of what made Quest a market maker for the past 30 years and infuse a renewed focus on security and cloud."
"The Quest business structure gives the One Identity group the flexibility they need to successfully compete in the IAM market," said Martin Kuppinger, CEO, KuppingerCole, an analyst firm for identity and access management. "All teams, from product development to sales and services, are now fully focused on their core business. In the new setting, we see a strong opportunity for One Identity to grow faster and with greater agility."
Quest today counts more than 100,000 customers worldwide,
and boasts a portfolio of more than 100 solutions, including:
• One Identity, offering a portfolio of modular and integrated solutions for identity governance, privileged management, access management and identity as a service
• Toad, a tool for database professionals, Spotlight, which provides monitoring, diagnosis and SQL Server optimization, and SharePlex, a database replication and near real-time data integration solution
• Migration Manager, Recovery Manager for Active Directory, Change Auditor and a number of other solutions which help customers migrate, manage and secure data across Microsoft platforms
• Foglight performance monitoring solutions, which maximize the performance and availability of applications and databases while simplifying management
• KACE endpoint systems management appliances, which enable customers to provision, manage, secure, and service all network-connected devices
• Statistica, a predictive analytics software platform
• Rapid Recovery, which enables customers to protect systems, applications and data across physical, virtual and cloud environments