Icy Dock ToughArmor MB991SK-B2.5-inch SATA mobile rack for 3.5-inch device bay
This is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on 2013.07.04
It is a smaller form factor device built for systems with small real estate to work with. Using a duty metal construction, it is capable to withstand the harshest enterprise type environments.
The drive is secured by technologies such as the Eagle-Hook lock system and metal 2-segment safeguard key. The metal EZ Slide Mini Tray allows interchangeability of data between multiple systems with other ToughArmor products. Suggested applications in medical and military systems, media servers, and IPCs, approved by tier 1 companies.
Efficient Space Use
The MB991SK-B is for use in industrial PCs, SMB SFF servers, mobile DVR systems, or even home servers. These systems tend to use components that provide the needed features, in the smallest form factor available. The ability to house one SATA SSD or HDD in a single 3.5" bay makes it a valuable asset in specific applications such as integration into an industrial imaging or medical device.
Making sure that the material used is designed in a way where it can be relied upon for many years after its deployment, the MB991SK-B is capable of holding up in the harshest environments, with the duty metal construction throughout the entire device. The ToughArmor's full metal design is for industrial devices that may require a flammability rating as the full metal material is considered to already comply with flammability requirements. So it can be used various enterprise systems including: military and law enforcement deployment, as well as manufacturing conditions such as embedded control systems and factory automation systems including: military and law enforcement deployment, as well as manufacturing conditions such as embedded control systems and factory automation systems.
The metal design also allows heat dissipation transfer from the HDDs throughout the mobile rack. In addition, Multi-Flow Technology routes air flow correctly for passive cooling in key ventilation slots on the front, rear, top and bottom. Lastly, Anti-Vibration Technology and EMI Grounding are used to provide a stable environment for the HDDs or SSDs used to perform at its best.
Convenient Utility and Accessibility
Bringing more utility your HDDs, a LED is installed into the front of the mobile rack to provide drive status information at all times. Active Power Technology (APT) allows each LED to be on only when a HDD is inserted into the enclosure. For drive security, the eagle-hook lock system on the tray makes sure the HDDs will not eject when not needed. Additionally, the 2-segment key lock provides protection to theft of HDDs as well as safeguards sensitive data.
The EZ Slide Mini trays make drive interchangeability and maintenance hassle free in case of a HDD failure. With a swap of the HDD, the overall down time is reduced. The trays are also designed to accommodate 7mm to 15mm height HDD and SSD, creating a 2.5" hot swap bay for any standard SATA HDDs and SSDs. While the tray is not installed to the MB991SK-B, the Anti-Dust Flap feature helps prevent dust from entering into the mobile rack.
- Duty full metal construction with suggested applications in imaging, medical, military systems, media servers, and IPCs, approved and used by tier 1 companies.
- Fits 1x7mm to 15mm 2.5" SATA HDDs/SSDs in a 3.5" floppy drive bay.
- Metal construction for enterprise applications.
- Multi-Flow Technology - provides passive cooling.
- Anti-Vibration Technology - creates a safe environment for HDDs or SSDs.
- Active Power Technology (APT) - individual led only powers up if there is drive installed in the drive bay.
- EMI Grounding - protects HDDs from electrical damage.
- Eagle-hook lock system & 2 - segment safeguard key lock keeps drives secure within the enclosure.
- Anti-Dust Flap prevents dust from entering when device not used.
- Removable EZ Slide Mini Tray system for maintenance.
- Supports 6Gb SATA and hot swap.
- Single SATA 15-pin to power entire device.