Acronis Forms Partnership with SynnexFor bringing data protection technology to partners and customers in Australia
This is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on 2017.03.17
As part of the agreement, Synnex will distribute the full range of Acronis data protection and DR products for virtual, physical, local, cloud, and mobile environments to partners and customers in the region.
Kee Ong, CEO, Synnex Australia and New Zealand, said: "Synnex is excited to work with Acronis to deliver a world-class data protection technology to Australian partners and customers. Acronis' approach to data protection, protecting all data in all environments through a unified solution, makes Acronis an ideal vendor to help extend our holistic security solutions to new and existing partners in the region."
With the rising threat of data loss from ransomware, system failures, man-made and natural disasters, many organisations are moving their digital workloads to the cloud and hybrid cloud, generating demand for a complete data protection solution capable of protecting all data, in all environments. Acronis addresses this need. Acronis technology, based on the Hybrid Cloud Architecture, and powered by Acronis AnyData Engine, will enable Australian customers to fend off cyber-attacks while remaining in control of their data.
According to Technavio's (Infiniti Research Limited), the cloud backup and recovery software market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 13% between 2016-2020.* Synnex, Australia's IT service distributor, will support local service providers in taking advantage of this lucrative market opportunity, enabling them to meet the needs of Australian businesses.
Michael Tea, GM e-commerce and cloud services, Synnex Australia, said: "Together with Acronis we are formulating vertical industry solutions and strategies around cloud backup and data protection for the accounting, healthcare sectors to begin with and we are expanding the engagement model across other verticals which will open substantial new opportunities for our resellers."
Synnex will distribute a range of Acronis data protection products and services, including, but not limited to the following:
- Backup 12: Backup for SMBs. It is an unified hybrid cloud backup solution that protects all data on-premises, in remote systems, in private and public clouds, and on mobile devices.
- True Image 2017 New Generation: A complete data protection solution for home and SOHO users. It comes with active protection against ransomware and blockchain-based data fingerprinting capabilities.
- Backup Cloud: A backup for service providers, a complete white l,l backup solution that can be integrated into service providers' existing service automation software for easy provisioning of backup-as-a-service type of products.
- Active Protection: A technology that protects data, backup, and backup software against ransomware attacks.
- Notary and ASign: Blockchain-based technology designed to fingerprint and validate protected data, and provide digital signature capabilities.
- Plus Acronis DR, Acronis Storage, Acronis Files Cloud, Acronis Monitoring Service, and more.
"As one of the largest IT distributors across AsiaPac, Synnex's expertise in understanding the market, excellent customer services, and commitment to provide,the best technology, is exactly what Acronis was searching for in a new local partner. Synnex has a rapidly growing focus and share in Cloud, and associated Industry verticals. This brings an interesting new dynamic to jointly go to market in new ways in the ANZ region. Synnex shares our commitment to innovation and reliability and we're looking forward to a long-term successful partnership together. The expansion in our distribution footprint will drive growth in new and existing areas for us, which is at the core of he ANZ Acronis strategy," said Toy Dewitt, GM Acronis ANZ.
*Global cloud backup and recovery software market 2016-2020, Technavio, January 26, 2016