2017 Board of Directors of Twenty-Year Old SCSI Trade AssociationPresident continues to be Rick Kutcipal, marketing manager, data center storage group, Broadcom
This is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on 2017.02.15
Marking a year in which it celebrates its 20th anniversary, the SCSI Trade Association (STA), established to support and promote SCSI technology used in storage interconnects, announced its 2017 board of directors.
"The longevity of STA is a testament to the continued innovation of SCSI technology, the foundation of today's predominant enterprise storage interface standard - SAS," said Rick Kutcipal, president, STA. "Comprised of representatives from our member companies, our board of directors all make outstanding contributions to the storage industry and will be invaluable as we support a roadmap that extends to 24Gb SAS and beyond."
The STA's executive officers and board of directors serve in a governance and fiduciary role by representing the interests of the organization's strategic planning and on-going operations. This translates into ideas and wisdom that turn into executable programs that benefit all STA members and the storage industry at-large.
2017 STA board of directors officers:
• President: Rick Kutcipal, marketing manager, data center storage group, Broadcom Limited
• VP: Greg McSorley, technical business development manager, Amphenol Corporation
• Secretary: Jeremiah Tussey, senior product marketing manager (alliances), scalable storage business unit, Microsemi Corporation
• Treasurer: Chet Mercado, technical marketing engineer/third party alliance, Western Digital Corporation
2017 STA board of directors at-large:
• Cameron Brett, director marketing, SSD and storage solutions, Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc.
• Jeff Mason, principal R&D engineer, TE Connectivity Ltd.
• Gary McCulley, product line manager, data center group, Intel Corporation
• Mike Miller, executive director, advanced development, Seagate Technology PLC
• Jay Neer, industry standards manager, Molex, LLC
• Michael T. LoBue, CAE, SCSI Trade Association, executive director
"SAS technology addresses a very large, growing market," said Jeff Janukowicz, research VP, IDC. "Storage companies have always been the key players in implementing SAS storage and will remain a constant force in the coming years, ensuring SAS has a long and healthy life."
STA Membership Roster:
BizLink Technology Inc.
ConnPro Industries Inc.
Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
Samsung Semiconductor Inc.
Seagate Technology PLC
TE Connectivity Ltd.
Teledyne LeCroy, Inc.
Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc.
Western Digital Corporation