FotoKem Chooses Qumulo Data-Aware Scale-Out NASFor next gen post-production
This is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on 2015.05.18
Qumulo has exhibited and demonstrated, during the Hollywood IT Summit in Los Angeles, CA its Qumulo Core software. Brett Goodwin, VP marketing, has presented on storage infrastructure in media and entertainment.
FotoKem is an independently-owned, post production facility that has become a go-to resource for the worldwide creative community. Since 1963, the company has serviced every corner of the entertainment market, providing expertise, high-end solutions and innovative technologies. Qumulo Core is designed for the growing storage performance, capacity, and data visibility needs faced by media and entertainment organizations worldwide.
"We are very excited about Qumulo's products, team, and strategic direction," said Mike Brodersen, chief strategy officer, FotoKem. "With total visibility of our data, real-time analytics and a robust API, we are excited about the possibility of highly sophisticated storage management."
"We are thrilled to be working with FotoKem, a proven thought leader in full service post production for the entertainment industry for decades," said Peter Godman, co-founder and CEO, Qumulo. "FotoKem is a welcome addition to our growing roster of media and entertainment companies that are making Qumulo their go-to for their future storage plans."
Qumulo Core builds real-time data analytics into storage, giving enterprises a view of their data and storage resources at scale.
Key benefits of Core include:
- Real-time analytics: Core doesn't just store data, but also curates and manages it.
- Software-only solution: Core runs on commodity hardware, on dedicated appliances, or in VMs.
- Flash-first hybrid design: Maximizes both price/performance and price/capacity.
- SaaS software delivery model: Pay-as-you-go for continual infrastructure software innovation.
- No compromise storage: Optimized for a range of workloads and file sizes.
- 100% programmable: Public and self-documenting REST API with interactive API explorer built into the web UI.