SeaChange Broadcast Group in Partnership With PermabitBringing de-dupe to media workflow
This is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on 2012.04.23
The two companies have agreed to work together to be the first to bring storage deduplication technology to digital media workflows.
SeaChange Broadcast will embed Permabit's Albireo Data Optimization Software into SeaChange Universal MediaLibrary (UML), a media storage that supports both real time play-to-air and performance production.
SeaChange Broadcast selected Albireo
based on several features:
- Performance - Provides fast deduplication technology, critical for SeaChange Broadcast's high-performance, real-time UML designed for media production and delivery.
- Scalability - Can scale to multiple petabytes of storage capacity, meeting the requirements of large media and entertainment production environments.
- Adaptability - Can be adapted to media applications and workflows, allowing SeaChange Broadcast to bring this IT-based technology to support media workflows.
- Deduplication Efficiency - Reduces capacity by up to 80 percent by reducing the overhead associated with multi-developer video production workflows and eliminating redundancies created from multiple versions of the same content (full streams, clips, etc.).
- Replication - Reduces the amount of data that needs to be replicated.
"Data deduplication has brought billions of dollars of storage capacity savings to the IT industry in the past few years. We are excited to be the first to introduce this state-of-the-art technology and up to 80 percent capacity savings to digital media workflows," said Bang Chang, VP for Servers and Storage of SeaChange Broadcast, which is becoming XOR Media following regulatory approvals. "Our customers have many different versions of the same content in their production environment, and providing advanced deduplication technology from Permabit allows our customers to store more videos in a dramatically smaller footprint."
"We welcome SeaChange Broadcast to our Albireo partner program and as one of the first vendors in the media and entertainment production industry to provide dramatic storage savings to their customers," said Tom Cook, president and CEO, Permabit.
SeaChange International's Broadcast group develops and supports IP-based broadcast workflows for hundreds of broadcasters, content providers, and media companies globally with thousands of SD and HD channels on air today.
It is becoming XOR Media, an independent technology company that will support existing SeaChange Broadcast customers and deliver transformative media storage and codecs solutions to the market.