Most Promising Storage Start-UpsEditor's choice of Top 15
By Jean-Jacques Maleval on 2011.01.24
It's not easy to classify storage start-ups as they are involved in completely different technologies (basic hardware and subsystems, de-dupe, cloud, archiving, etc). But we did it. This ranking is the result of the opinion of a journalist - not a consultant or an expert - following daily the worldwide storage industry considering the technology of each company but also the growth of the firm when available. Anybody else trying to the do the same ranking will get different results.
- Nimble Storage storage, backup, and DR into a single iSCSI solution with SSDs and HDDs
- Nimbus Data Systems storage subsystem with SSD only
- ExaGrid Systems de-dupe
- SandForce SSD processor
- Mimecast email management including archiving, discovery, continuity, security and policy
- Fusion-io PCI SSD
- Axxana asynchronous replication with no data loss over any geographical distance
- Violin Memory flash memory arrays
- GreenBytes de-dupe for primary storage and backup
- Pliant Technology enterprise flash SAS SSD
- Amplidata object storage system with online codes to distribute and store data blocks redundantly across a number of disks.
- Veeam Software agentless data protection for VMware
- Scale Computing clustered disk-storage solution for SMBs
- Avere Systems tiered NAS appliances
- InQuinox appliance for Symantec de-dupe software
We also like Actifio, Cloud Engines, Coraid, CTERA Networks, Druva Software, GridIron, Kaminario Technologies, Locust Storage, Lortu Software, Memopal, Nasuni, NextIO, Permabit, RethinkDB, Scale Computing, Scality, Terasky, Virsto Software, VirtenSys and Virtual Instruments.